European Head of Accounting
- Finance and Accounting
- Accounting / Accountant
- Recruitment Manager
- +41 44 533 06 00
Our client is stock exchange listed small cap with over 40 years of successful operations. They are a technology hardware and software solutions company with R&D, manufacturing and sales and distributions operations across the globe. Due to continued growth, we have been exclusively mandated to search for a candidate to fill the role of European Head of Accounting.
Reporting to the Group CFO (and based in the same location) and with a dotted Line to the Group Controller, you will lead and perform the accounting for 9 European entities, overseeing an Accounting team of 4-5 in Switzerland.
We are looking for somebody with a passion for legal accounting and who enjoys the complexity of dealing with many entities simultaneously. Our client needs somebody who is willing to ‘roll their sleeves up’, lead by example and who can balance their time to deliver the accounting and bring continuous improvement to the function. The company has the complexity of a larger global firm yet is small enough that you will have exposure to everybody in the organisation.
- Lead and deliver the accurate and timely delivery of the accounting across all entities (CH, UK, TK, DE, BEL, FR, IT)
- Ensure compliance with legal and company requirements based on Swiss GAAP FER
- Manage a small team of accountants
- Manage relations with external accountants (in several entities) and payroll providers
- Deliver reporting packages into the consolidation tool
- Responsible for group audit for Europe
- Support in overhead cost reviews and the budgeting process
- Responsible for statutory local audit or local filing of the annual accounts with the support of local external accountants, ensuring compliance with local rules
- Manage inventory process, work closely with operations to set up process and ensure year-end cycle count
- Manage working capital with focus on receivables cash collection
- Manage the e-commerce growth translation into accounting/reporting
- VAT reporting, filings, compliance, play a key role in future compliance set up (drive improvements for the complex VAT landscape and keep up with regulatory changes)
- Corporate tax reporting and filings and support corporate on tax planning
- Manage the reconciliation group ERP books to local statutory books where applicable
- Manage finance/accounting projects in legal entities to drive efficiency, such as reviewing accounting structural set up in certain jurisdictions and establish new structure for future and manage implementation
- Ensure local compliance with corporate policies (e.g. travel policy, company cars)
- Support HR with payroll accounting and reporting
- Group ERP technical aspects – be the main point of contact to external consultants
- Support in internal audit matters
- Support group projects as necessary such as, group consolidation project, group treasury project
- Support the CFO with both pre and post deal M&A due diligence and integration activities
Experience & Qualifications:
- Higher business education with a focus on accounting/controlling, qualified/Chartered accountant with at least 7-10 years of experience
- Multiple years of experience in accounting and legal closings, working over multiple entities in international corporate structures
- Ability to lead, manage, mentor and develop teams
- Proficient in working with ERP (JDE Edwards plus)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Having a can-do mindset and open to new challenges
- Pragmatic and solution-oriented team player
- Being used to work independently under pressure with strict deadlines.
- Willing to go the extra mile and see where optimisation is possible
- Fluent English, German preferable
Nordwand-Routen gehören zu den schwierigsten, herausforderndsten und doch begehrtesten Routen zum Gipfel. So inspirierten die Erstbesteigungen einiger der berühmtesten Berge der Alpen durch die Nordwand zu abenteuerlichen Geschichten und Mythen über Mut, Tapferkeit und Ruhm. Sowohl eine ambitionierte und herausfordernde Karriere zu starten als auch die erfolgreiche Umsetzung der Firmenstrategie im Bereich Rekrutierung lassen sich gut mit dem Erklimmen eines hohen Berges vergleichen. Der Weg ist anspruchsvoll und nicht immer einfach und erfordert Willen und Durchsetzungsvermögen.
Dabei kann Sie die Nordwand Group AG dank ihrer über 50 Jahren Erfahrung in der Stellenvermittlung unterstützen. Wir versorgen Sie mit Informationen über die allgemeine Wetterlage, die nötige technische Ausrüstung, einem gut ausgebildeten Team, einer detaillierten Karte und aller notwendigen Unterstützung, um auch die schwierigsten Herausforderungen zu meistern.